Summer Makeup Hairstyle Tips
Tips to help you maintain hair and makeup in the hot summer, including how to handle frizzy hair and sunburn.
Beauty maintenance can be a pain in the summer. Hot weather causes makeup to feel like it's melting off of your face and the humidity leaves your hair limp and lifeless or frizzy and out of control. Is there anything you can do to avoid becoming a complete fashion disaster? Try some of the following tips.
Keep It Light
- Try a new foundation. Makeup that is caked on in the summer is going to look just that way: caked. Several cosmetic companies offer light foundations that also have SPF and moisturizers. Try using one of these in the summer. The SPF will protect your face from the harsh sun, and the moisturizers will help to keep your skin soft despite being out in the sun. Always remember to wear sun block when you are out in the sun: sometimes these foundations don't have enough SPF to keep you safe all day.
- Avoid blush. If you're in the hot weather, chances are your cheeks will be flushed. Adding blush to them may make you look clownish or sunburned.
- Limit yourself to one shade of eye shadow, and try to make it a lighter, summery shade. The more you sweat, the more your eye shadow may cake into the creases of your eyelids. Using less shadow can help eliminate this problem.
Straighten It Out
- Many people experience frizzy hair when there is a lot of humidity in the air. If you're not planning to be in the water, you may want to try straightening your hair with a ceramic straightener. You can find a ceramic hair straightener at your local beauty supply store. Straighteners come in many styles and in various price ranges ($10 to $200) so you should be able to find something to suit your needs.
- Beauty Stores also carry serums that help to keep hair straight, despite its texture or the humidity. With as few as two drops of anti-frizz serum applied to the hair before blow drying, you can keep your hair silky and smooth in the summer time.
- If you plan on spending a lot of time in the water during the summer, you may want to invest in a tube of waterproof mascara. You’ll save a lot of money by using waterproof mascara because you won’t have to reapply every time you get out of the pool. Waterproof mascara can be removed with most facial cleansers.
- Also, try waterproof sun block. Your summer makeup will look far more natural if you’re not trying to hide sunburn.
Try Out New Styles
- If you tend to wear your hair down all of the time, summer is the perfect time to try a new style. Braiding is a great alternative. You could try a French braid, pigtail braids at the sides of your head, or a regular braid. If you plan on swimming, try putting a bit of conditioner in your hair and then braid it. The conditioner will help keep the chemicals in pool water or algae in fresh water from harming your hair.
- Be creative with your summer hair and makeup styling! Use what you know about your
hair type, skin tone, and skin sensitivity to find the most flattering styles to use during the