What is an Allergy Test?
An allergy test is a way to determine whether a person is allergic to something. This diagnostic test can pinpoint the specific cause of your allergic reaction. This can be especially useful in cases of urticaria.
How does an Allergy Test Work?
The allergy test works by exposing your body to various common allergens in a controlled environment, and observing whether those known substances result in an allergic reaction.
A doctor will prick your skin with each of those ingredients and watch for redness, swelling, and itch at the contact site. The presence of these symptoms indicates an allergic reaction to that particular substance. The test can be done in as little as 20 minutes. It is recommended for people that could not identify their allergy from observation alone.
- Maraschino Brewer Information On Marashinoe – Sources Uses And Definitions
- Makeup Tips For Wide Eyes
- Makeup Tips When Wearing Contacts
- How to Clean Makeup Brushes
- Runny Nose
- Respiratory Allergy
- Laser Hair Removal for Dark Skin
- Sinus Allergy
- What is Lactose Intolerance